The Wagyu Window Pressure Cooker Soy-Braised Australian Short Ribs
Australian Short Rib On Bone - Toss one on the bbq! Slice up & sear for Korean BBQ or Yakiniku. Stick them in the pressure cooker/slow cooker for that soft tender fall off the bone dinner!
This will be the most tender short ribs you'll ever have! Simple white rice or mashed potatoes compliment the meat very well. (Our favorite rice is Botan Calrose!)
(For 2 Australian Short Ribs)
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2-5 cloves crushed fresh garlic (we love extra garlic!)
1" knob finely chopped fresh ginger
1 pinch red pepper chili flakes (optional)
¼ cup rice vinegar
⅓ cup raw brown sugar
⅔ cup soy sauce
⅔ cup salt-free beef or chicken stock/broth
2 tablespoons cornstarch (optional for thickening)
1-2 tablespoons water
- Pre-heat your pressure cooker, add in the sesame oil, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. Mix and sauce for about a minute.
- Deglaze with the vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and stock/broth - mix in.
- Add the short ribs to the pressure cooker coating them with the mixture.
- Close the lid and set the valve to pressure cooking position.
- Electric pressure cookers: Cook for 60 minutes at high pressure.
- When time is up, open the pressure cooker with the Natural release method and unplug the pressure cooker.
- Carefully remove the short ribs, and place on a rack/sheet and place them under the broiler on HI for about 5 minutes to brown.
- In the meantime, if using the corn starch, mix it in a small container with water and then mix into the short rib cooking liquid in the pressure cooker.
- Boil the mixture in the pressure cooker until it reaches the desired consistency and then pour over the ribs before serving.
- Place the short ribs over rice or mashed potatoes & ENJOY.